Tonight the top 10 RiverPitch finalists selected by a panel of judges will pitch live in an audition pitch to secure a place at the June 19 event.
The 10 teams pitching tonight ( Tuesday June 9th) will be;
- StreetEats – lets users order and pay for street food with their smartphone, then track their order before being notified when it’s ready.
- Hire-Hive – a marketplace for film & video gear rentals.
- Footballr – facilitate games of soccer/football for individuals and teams.
- Outbound – a social network for travellers.
- Medial – connects Doctors with Doctors
- Deckee – helping boat owners book marina berths online.
- Kapiche – the next-generation search and analytics; a new breed of big-data management and mining teology.
- My Presences – helping businesses build their entire online presence and reputation across more than 600 online services. Reviews, Photos, Profiles + more.
- TrackActive Health technology – building innovative exercise prescription and monitoring solutions for the medical, health and fitness industry
- Men on the Moon – deliver ‘engagement as a service’, for bricks&mortar retailers to their consumers via a smartphone app & a patented smart security tag with their products Pin and Point and Rocket Buy
Over 50 entries were appraised by an expert panel of judges. We were delighted with the quality and diversity of the applications this year, however unfortunately, only a small selection of entrants can proceed to the next stage. The final selection was based on the range of criteria established for this particular competition.
The judges will look for advanced startups who can in a five minute pitch highlight the problem they are solving, showcase their innovative product and the customers who are using it. Identify growth areas and present an overall viable and promising opportunity to investors.
Following tonight’s announcement, the top 7 startup teams will receive further pitch training from River City Labs mentor in Residence Peter Laurie and River City Labs General Manager Peta Ellis to ensure the teams are prepared to pitch to and manage questions from reputable investors on June 19th.
To purchase tickets to RiverPitch, please do so via Eventbrite